Easy product returns
You can return the product without providing a reason within 30 days.
This product is available in our stores
The latest and most up-to-date compendium of knowledge on child development in the first two years of life!
William and Martha Sears, doctor and nurse, parents of eight children, authors of more than 20 books, share their experiences gained during almost 40 years of professional and parental practice to provide comprehensive information on all issues related to infant care and nursing. Their two sons, Robert Sears and James Sears, also paediatricians, took part in the work on the book. Together they created this unrivalled and unique guide to the world of the child.
The authors present a practical and modern approach to parenthood, which reflects the modern lifestyle. They provide basic guidance and inspiration to equip parents with skills that will help them specialize in caring for their own unique child.
The "Book of the Child" in a clear form provides comprehensive information on the issues that concern parents such as:
- feeding the child: What can you do to make breastfeeding a success? How to feed a bottle properly? When and how to extend the baby's diet? How to recognize an allergy and how to deal with it?
- Sleep: How much should a newborn baby sleep and how many two-year-olds? What should be done to keep the baby asleep at last? Where should the baby sleep?
- Family life: How do you find yourself in new roles? How do you organise a return to work? How to prevent and deal with depression and low moods?
- Health: How to ensure the child's good immunity? When should I go to the doctor? How to provide first aid?
- development: How does the child's motor development progress step by step? How does a monthly child communicate, and how does a yearly child communicate? How do you know that the child is developing properly?
- relationship: How well do you get off? How to be close after a difficult birth? How can a father build a relationship from the beginning?
The "Book of the Child" is a rich and invaluable source of information that makes it easier to enjoy parenthood.
The "Book of the Child" is a book that should be in the home of every parent of a small child. It helps to understand a child's development and its needs. I recommend this reading to you like no other."